(1) Copper foam has excellent thermal conductivity and can be widely used for heat conduction and heat dissipation of motors/electrical appliances and electronic components
(2) Due to its excellent electrical conductivity, foamed copper is also being used in the electrode materials of nickel-zinc batteries and electric double-layer capacitors.
(3) Due to the structural characteristics of copper foam and its basically harmless characteristics to the human body, copper foam is also an excellent medical filter material and water purification filter material.
(1) Electrode material. The excellent electrical conductivity enables copper foam to be widely used as electrode skeleton materials for new batteries such as nickel-zinc batteries and electric double-layer capacitors. At present, copper foam has been tried by many nickel-zinc battery manufacturers and put into mass use. Copper is expected to be popularized and applied as the electrode current collector of electric double layer capacitors; in addition, copper foam is also used as an electrode material for electrolytic recovery of copper-containing wastewater, which also has very broad prospects.
(2) Catalyst. In many organic chemical reactions, people try to directly replace the punched copper plate with copper foam with a large specific surface area as a chemical reaction catalyst; copper foam has also been successfully used as a photocatalytic air purification carrier.
(3) Thermally conductive material. Copper foam has excellent thermal conductivity, making it a flame retardant material with excellent performance. It has been used in many advanced fire fighting equipment abroad, especially as flame isolation equipment. In addition, people use the excellent thermal conductivity of copper foam. And apparent permeability, made into the heat dissipation material of motor and electrical appliance.
(4) Noise reduction and shielding materials. The sound wave is diffusely reflected on the surface of the foamed copper, and the effect of noise reduction is achieved through the principles of expansion noise reduction and microporous noise reduction. The shielding performance of copper is close to that of silver, and it is an electromagnetic shielding material with excellent performance.
(5) Filter material. Excellent structural properties and basically harmless to human body, metal copper foam products have also been successfully applied as medical filter materials; at the same time, the application of foam copper in water purification devices also has a good future.
(6) Fluid pressure buffer material. The dispersion and buffering effect of foamed copper on fluid makes it a good effect as a decompression protection device for various pressure instruments.