Ultra-thick copper foam is a new type of material. Although it has been widely used in the military and battery industries, its widespread use in other industries has just started, and people do not know it deeply enough. The following is a brief summary of the characteristics of ultra-thick copper foam. Fundamental features:
1. High porosity: almost fully transparent structure with a porosity of more than 98%, as a filter material, the pressure drop is small and the flow rate is high;
2. Large specific surface area: in the case of the same porosity, it has a large specific surface area compared with other porous materials;
3. High porosity and uniform pore structure: the porosity reaches more than 95%, it is a three-dimensional porous and transparent structure, and has good metal strength, the same volume, light material weight, and high tolerance at the same time. Good sound absorption, energy absorption, electromagnetic shielding function;
4. Has metal function: Ultra-thick copper foam can be made of nickel, copper, iron, or alloy materials. Different substrates have different metal functions, such as fireproof, harmless, no falling residue, recyclable, thermal conductivity, etc. Wide range of applications;
5. It can be welded, cut, thinned, rolled and other mechanical processing. At the same time, the metal material can be recovered, which is beneficial to environmental protection and saves costs.